Effective: May 25, 2018
Adkernel is a leading provider of the advertising technology that serves networks, advertisers, publishers and agencies to manage their advertising businesses. Our goal is to provide you with transparency regarding how your information may be used by Adkernel or third parties with whom Adkernel maintains a relationship with. In addition, Adkernel has provided an explanation of the choices and control you have with respect to information that Adkernel obtains and/or maintains about you.
AdKernel – “Adkernel, LLC”, a Delaware limited liability company with its principal place of business located in New York.
Platform – The technology provided to Clients by AdKernel via a non-exclusive license agreement.
Client – A network, advertising agency, advertising network, or publisher who utilizes the Adkernel Platform via a license and service agreement.
User – An individual who maintains a relationship with the Client and accesses their services [or interacts with advertising served by the Client Platform]
User Console – The technology provided to the User of our Client Platform where they can control and maintain their contact record, and other relevant details.
Data Subject – The person about whom personal data relates.
What does Adkernel do?
Adkernel provides a “whitelabel” technology Platform solution to Clients via a license agreement. Clients who use the Platform do so under their own brand names and domains, while we maintain the physical hosting infrastructure that holds the data and maintain the Platform used by our Clients.
We process your information solely as a data processor on behalf of our Clients, and it is up to the Client to determine how long they will store your information on our systems.
The Platform facilitates the buying and selling of online media advertising inventory for publishers, advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising networks, and allows for Users to access a User Console for information related to their buying or selling of advertising inventory.
The Adkernel Platform may be utilized to build user segments based on behaviors and online browsing activity. The Adkernel Platform provides no explicit tools for “singling out” or otherwise identifying natural, living persons through a record of activity. Adkernel makes these profiles anonymous in an effort to comply with the relevant provisions of the Data Privacy laws of the jurisdictions within which we operate. For more information on behavioral targeting in general, visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising.
What Information do we collect from Clients and Why?
The Adkernel Platform allows a Client to collect and maintain a record of your registration details (for Publishers and Advertisers accounts sign up data), computer connection and other technical information.
- Registration information – Your first and last name, mailing address, phone number, company name, email address, Skype contact and other similar contact details
- Technical / Access information – Details including your IP (Internet Protocol) Address, User-Agent and activity including pages accessed, information entered are stored for fraud prevention and security auditing.
We collect and maintain data from our Clients’ users as part of the process to help identify potential fraudulent transactions that might otherwise be used to harm advertisers that pay to have legitimate internet traffic directed to their products and/or websites.
Information for Platform Clients
Clients shall be responsible for obtaining consent from their Users for the use and access of such Users’ personal information by Client or Adkernel. In addition, if Clients are collecting any sensitive personal information from their Users (including information relating to medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or sexuality), Clients agree to obtain affirmative, express consent from their Users or related third parties for the use and access of sensitive personal information by Adkernel.
Your Rights as a Resident of the EEA (European Economic Area)
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you are a Client, a visitor to Adkernel’s website, or a Client user of Adkernel support services and wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
If you are a User of a Client who utilizes Adkernel’s Platform and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the Client with whom you interacted with directly — we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond.
If you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with a Client, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed below, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation.
In particular we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves, our Clients, or other third parties.
- To provide Clients with services related to our Platform;
- To prevent risk and fraud on our Platform;
- To provide communications, marketing, and advertising via the Client’s Platform;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To help Clients integrate with third party publishers and advertiser platforms via our Platform;
- To provide troubleshooting, support services, or to answer questions;
- To test out features or additional services; and
- To improve our services, applications, and websites.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organizational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
Data Subject Requests and Right to Access
Opting Out of Services
In the event you have provided us with consent to use your information, we will rely on your consent to process such information. You may revoke that consent at any time.
If you are a registered user of the Client Platform, you may revoke our permission by visiting Settings->Edit Account->Delete Account page inside your account.
If you have given permission via a Consent Management Platform to a Client or Adkernel, you may revoke your consent within their system. In the event you have received advertising directly from Adkernel, you can manage your opt out status using the following links
Additionally, if you are an EEA resident, we inform you that, as part of Adkernel’s processing functions for its clients, your information may be processed using our data centers in the United States and Singapore.
When you access or otherwise utilize a Client Platform, we will maintain your registration information for our records unless and until you ask the Client Platform to delete this information, or otherwise update said information in your User Console.
We may retain other data within our databases related to your internet connection, previous advertisements served to you or other related information that we process on behalf of our Clients. Unless otherwise required by law or agreement, we may maintain such information for up to six (6) months. After this period, Adkernel maintains and uses such data in an aggregated format for internal analytical purposes to improve its Platform, to comply with its legal obligations, to investigate potential fraud and to provide a record of prior internet traffic as required by contract with its Clients.
Children’s’ Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (COPPA)
The Platform and services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us using the information at the end of this policy. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate any account linked to such underage minor.
How do we protect your information?
Adkernel uses both physical and technical security measures to maintain an accepted industry security standard to protect all data on the Platform from misuse and/or unauthorized access.
Physical Measures of Data Security
AdKernel maintains a private, physical “cloud” infrastructure of hardware to provide the Platform services. Access to this hardware is secured by twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) days a week on site guards. Building access is secured by keycard entry into the rooms that store the infrastructure. Access to logs and other sensitive data is controlled and monitored to ensure employees of the Client and Adkernel have a legitimate basis for accessing the data.
Adkernel encrypts the data sent to and from Client Platforms using the HTTPs protocol. Adkernel also encrypts any sensitive stored information, and salts and hashes Client and User passwords using industry standard encryption methods.
No method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through our Platform, including information about your device and connection. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Platform, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, and other functions. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Platform.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Service may link to third party services, like an advertiser’s website. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- Third Party Accounts: We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- To prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our (or our Client’s) terms of service or any other agreement related to the Platform, or as otherwise required by law.
- To conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
|Processes||Intended to make the service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the service over our Platform to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to send push notifications.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Platform. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the service over the Platform. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
How to contact us
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
315 Hudson St, Floor 9
New York NY, 10013